Submission/Proposal Deadline Extended To:
September 2, 2022
Call for Papers, Reports, Abstracts, and Studies:
The Hawaii International Conference on Education encourages the following types of submissions:
Research Papers - Completed research papers in any of the topic areas listed above or related areas.
Abstracts (Must be at least 300 words) - Abstracts of completed or proposed research in any of the topic areas listed above, or related areas. The abstract for proposed research should include the research objectives, proposed methodology, and a discussion of expected outcomes.
Student Papers - Research done by students in any of the topic areas listed above, or related areas.
Case Studies - Case studies in any of the topic areas listed above, or related areas.
Work-in-Progress Reports or Proposals for Future Research - Incomplete research or ideas for future research in order to generate discussion and feedback in any of the topic areas listed above, or related areas.
Reports on Issues Related to Teaching - Reports related to innovative instruction techniques or research related to teaching in any of the topic areas listed above or related areas.
Format of Presentations:
Paper sessions will consist of three to four presentations in a 90-minute session. The session will be divided equally between the presenters.
Workshop presentations will be given a full 90 minute session.
Panel sessions will provide an opportunity for three or more presenters to speak in a more open and conversational setting with conference attendees. Submissions for these 90 minute sessions should include the name, department, affiliation, and email address of each panelist in addition to a description of the presentation and the title page.
Roundtable Discussions will last 90 minutes and give the presenter an opportunity to speak with 2-3 audiences as follows:
- Each presenter in a roundtable session will be assigned a table number which will be listed in the program.
- Attendees will be able to select any table.
- Presenters will have 25 minutes to lead a discussion with attendees.
- After the 25 minutes, attendees will have 5 minutes to select a new table.
- No audio-visual equipment will be provided for these sessions. They are meant to be discussions, not presentations.
Poster Sessions will last 90 minutes and consist of a large number of presenters. Poster sessions allow attendees to speak will the presenters on a one-to-one basis. The following supplies will be provided for poster sessions:
- Tri-fold display board (48" wide, 36" tall)
- Push pins
- Round Table
Submitting a Proposal/Paper:
Make your submission now by
following these two easy steps:
1. Create a detailed title page for your submission. The title page must include:
- title of the submission (be sure to use proper capitalization)
- topic area of the submission (choose a topic area from the list at the top of this page)
- presentation format (choose one: Paper Session, Workshop, Roundtable, Panel Session, or Poster Session)
- a 2-3 sentence description of your presentation which should not exceed 75 words in total. Please note that you are still required to send in a separate abstract/paper in addition to this description.
- paper author(s):
For EACH author, list the following:
- Full Name
- Email Address (all acceptance/rejection letters are sent via email, so it is very important to have a correct email address for each author.)
2. Email your separate abstract (must be at least 300 words) and/or full paper, along with the above described title page to firstname.lastname@example.org. Receipt of submissions will be acknowledged via email within 72 hours. There is a limit of two contributed submissions per lead author.